As I looked at the outlines in last week’s reflection, I realized that some families may want to observe morning and evening prayers as an individual rule. Therefore, I am offering another option that could be offered daily before or after dinner.
Begin with “Through the prayers of our Holy Fathers…”
- Trisagion Prayers, the Lord’s Prayer
- Short reading of Saint of the Day
- Intercessory Prayers (see “Building a Habit of Prayer” booklet mentioned last week)
- Conclude with “Through the prayers of the Holy Fathers…”
- During dinner consider discussing the life of the saint that was read
When I write such things, they seem reasonable, but I sometimes have no concept of being able to understand the reality of family life. I am assuming that everyone gathers at a daily meal, before or after which prayers may be offered. Some people may feel that even something as brief as the above may be too lengthy. But I would encourage you to do the best you can and pray even if the whole family cannot be present.
The blessing of the Lord be upon you,
The unworthy +Paul